The Maxspect Gyre is the world's first "gyre"- generating water moving device for aquariums. Compared to traditional powerheads and wavemakers that are based on propeller nozzle flow technology, the Maxspect Gyre is based on advanced crossflow technology which produces massive horizontal water movement leaving little to no deadspots in its wake.
New Crossflow Technology
- Virtually no dead spots
- Evenly distributed flow rate throughout the entire aquarium
- Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, ie. generating "gyre flows"
Standard Propeller Nozzle Technology
- Dead spots with relatively poor water movement
- Very strong flow in the center, making coral placement very difficult
- Very weak flow near the other end of the aquarium
Gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that it bounces back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".
The Maxspect Gyre XF150's revolutionary crossflow water movement technology allows horizontal water movement with little to no deadspots by evenly distributing flow rate throughout the entire aquarium.
- Max Flow 5000gph
- 50-800+ gallons
- Applicable for glass or acrylic aquariums up to 3/4in